Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pinterest ...Oh How I Love You!!

I have recently been finding and trying new recipes from Pinterest.  I love trying new recipes..don't you?  I secretly think I am becoming obsessed with this whole Pinterest thing.  What an amazing way to organize all you thoughts, ideas, plans, happy thoughts and creativity. 

For those few people who have not yet tried Pinterest...I encourage you to check it out and follow me!!

Below I have put together a few of my recipes I found on Pinterest and wanted to share.  My family loved all of them. 
First is Peanut Butter Granola.  My daughter and I made this and it was truly delicious!!  We were going out of town a few days later and the granola made such a good healthy snack in the car. 

Peanut Butter Granola

Sprinkled on top of Greek yogurt or enjoyed on its own, this peanut butter granola is made with pantry staples, making it an easy recipe to whip up without making a special trip to the grocery store. Ingredients:
Makes four ¼ c servings
2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp. honey
¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. oats
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture. Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture. Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 7 -8 minutes until granola is slightly browned. Let cool until granola is crunchy.

The next recipe was a HUGE success in my house.  My husband and daughter love, love, love seafood.  They simply could not get enough of those shrimp!


Baked Shrimp With Lemon


Melt a stick of butter in the pan. Slice one lemon and layer it on top of the butter. Put down fresh shrimp, then sprinkle one pack of dried Italian seasoning. Put in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 min.
(I only used a 1/2 stick of butter.  It really depends how much shrimp you have.  When I made this I had about 30-40 baby shrimp.

I had always wanted to try grilling vegetable or potatoes on the grill.  This was the perfect recipe for that.  It was easy, fun and delicious!!


Three-Cheese Potatoes Recipe

 


Ingredients

  • 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon minced chives
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Dot with butter.
  • Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender.
  • Carefully open foil. Sprinkle the bacon cheeses over potato mixture. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4-6 servings.
THis last recipe was one I just made last night.  Another HUGE success.  It was so yummy and with only 4 ingredients supoer easy!



Easy Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
 


Ingredients
• 4 thawed chicken breasts
• 6oz. package of Stove Top stuffing mix
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 can of cream of chicken soup

First put your chicken in the crock pot.
Pour the package of stuffing on top.
Mix sour cream, soup, and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl.
Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken and stuffing.
Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
Fluff and Serve! 

ENJOY!!  HAPPY COOKING!!


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. YUM! I need to do more cooking from my pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hungry now! I've never made anything off Pinterest, but I'm always making recipes I find online. Thanks for following me, have followed back, have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following ladies! I love Pinterest and love making new recipes and crafts.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love pinterest. I am hopping over from Welcome Wednesday and am now following you on linky Followers. I will be looking to follow you on pinterest also. I would love a follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinterest is my obsession as well! Thanks for following me, I'm following you back! Your recipe selections look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...