Keep track of how long you’ve had your beauty products, for two good reasons: To be sure they are still effective and to assess their possible contamination with bacteria that can cause rashes or infection. Save this handy guide.
FOUNDATION: up to 2 years: Throw out sooner if the pigment has started to change or the consistency becomes clumpy.
LIPSTICK: 1 1/2 to 2 years: When the waxes eventually dry out, you’ll feel a loss of the slip that makes application easy.
MASCARA: 3 months: Because the process of applying involves moving the wand from lashes to bottle and back, the risk of introducing bacteria is high. A new tube every three months is simply sensible eye hygiene.
EYE SHADOW: 2 years: If either powder or cream varieties exhibit an odor, color or texture change, discard sooner.
LIP AND EYE PENCILS: 2 years: If the pencil starts to stick and get more difficult to use, it’s probably dried out. Time to toss it.
BLUSH: 3 years: Despite a long shelf life, be alert to changes in color, smell or consistency.
MOISTURIZERS: 3 months to 1 year: Discard them sooner if you start to smell an off odor or the overall texture seems to have changed.
SUN PROTECTION: 1 season:When it’s time to discard, you’ll notice that the product starts to separate and may have an odor.
SELF -TANNERS: 6 months to 1 year: Self-tanners take on a funny smell when they’re past their prime. They become less effective and you may get a lighter or inconsistent “tan”
FRAGRANCE: 1 to 4 years: Perfume fades in 1 to 2 years: Toilet water: 2 to 4 years. Store these in a cool, dry place away from any sun light.
DEODORANT: 3 years: The active ingredients doesn’t last forever, and once they’re inert, the deodorant isn’t effective.
NAIL POLISH: 6 months to 4 years: The less it’s exposed to air and sunlight, the longer it will last; store in the refrigerator.
Avon Bubble Bath.
This is an excellent streak free cleaner. Cuts grease,leaves a shine you won’t believe and so gentle on hands. It has no detergent so it leaves no residue or film,so no rinsing is required.
Here are some other uses to try.
1. Use to clean chandeliers or other light fixtures.
2. Wash your plants with it. They just shine and feed the water to the plants for fertillizer, it’s great.
3. Wash all floors with it,especially the no -wax kind.This works great. It cuts grease,not harsh to the finish,leaves no dulling residue. Your floor will shine.
4. Any spills or spots on upholstery or rugs,car seats etc, just take straight bubble bath on damp cloth and rub the spot.It removes just about any stain and will not leave a trace where the spot was. Don’t wet the spot with water, the water leaves the mark. Use as a shampoo for rugs,they will have a nice smell.
5. Clean jewellery both costume and real.
6.Excellent pet shampoo for pets. Your pet will smell so nice.There is no soap to irritate their skin.Just rinse after washing. Your pets hair will be soft and shiny.
7. One or two capfuls does a whole load of washing. Great for colours that you don’t want to fade. Does a super job on dirty work jeans,works great for sweaters and delicate lingerie.
8. Wash your car with it. It leaves no streaks. Use inside and out.
9. Wash your delicate drapes with it. Leaves them clean and freshly scented.
10.Use bubble bath in water to clean your venetian blinds,they will shine.
11. Wash walls and ceilings,no rinsing,so no streaks. Also great for wood paneling, it will look like it’s been waxed.
12. Try bubble bath in potpourri burner,the house will smell nice.
13. Wash your cupboards with this,oak or painted. One capful in a pail of water and they will come clean and have a nice shine.
14.All your appliances in your kitchen,stove,fridge,toaster,kettle etc.
15. Windows,mirrors,fine glass items and treasured ornaments will sparkle.
16. Clean your reading glasses with it.
17. Ever splattered grease on a good blouse while frying bacon etc,then washed the blouse to find the grease spot still there. Next time put straight bubble bath on the spot,let sit for a few minutes and then wash.The spot will be gone.
Best of all it’s a great bubble bath…Lot’s of bubbles….. and there’s no ring on the bath tub.
Did you know that Avons Skin – So – Soft Bath Oil is more than just a bath oil?
Just look at the list of uses we’ve found – Tried and True!
1. It’s a bath oil.
2. It’s an after shower moisturizer.
3. It can be used to remove make up.
4. It’s a sun tan oil. (no sunscreen)
5. Pour a little in the water of your foot soaker to help moisturize your feet while you relax them.
6. It’s a hot oil treatment to soften nails.
7. It’s a good massage oil for those overworked,sore muscles.
8. It’s a good insect repellant for people and their pets(as recomended in Outdoor Life and Field and Stream magazines,plus Dear Abby.
9. It helps relieve itching caused by insect bites and dry skin.
10. Sponge it on screens and around doors and windows to keep crawling bugs,as well as flies and mosquitoes out.
11. It’s a good wood cleaner,conditioner and polish for natural wood. (It cuts grease and dirt from kitchen cupboards with ease)
12. It removes chewing gum from hair,skin and non- porous surfaces.
13. It removes glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass,metal and most plastics.
14. It cleans tape marks left by bandages from skin.
15. It cleans ink from skin and most vinyl and painted surfaces.
16.It gently cleans HEAVY grease and oil from skin and non- porous surfaces(great for mechanics hands) even from ultra suede.
17.It removes soap scum from shower doors,shower curtains,windows and bathroom and kitchen fixtures.
18. It removes lime and hard water deposits from windows,fixtures,shower doors and tile.
19. It removes tar spots from car finishes without damaging paint finish.
20. It’s a lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won’t slip together as easily as they used to.
21. It removes paint and stains from skin – much gentler than turpentine.
22. It cleans paint brushes easily,and leaves them soft as new.
24. It cuts grease and dirt from range hoods.
25. It removes candle wax from furniture,carpeting and clothing.
26. It removes scuff marks from patent leather shoes.
27. It removes liquid nail(paneling glue)
28.Two glass bowls or glasses stuck together? Drizzle a little SSS down the sides and they will come apart easily – no breakage.
29. It removes ring around the collar.
30. Wipe down vinyl surfaces inside your car. Cleans them nicely,and removes smoke odour left behind by cigarette smokers.
31. Extra benefit — while using it to clean etc, it leaves your hands soft and smooth – unlike other harsh cleaners!
**I have used Skin So Soft in almost 10 of the above uses. How many have you tried? I bet you had no idea an Amazing Bath Oil could keep your sking soft and silky PLUS do all these other helpful tips. Let me know which ones you try.