Tuesday, September 18, 2012

50 Shades Of Stupid - Acting "Cool" In High School




Take a moment and think back to the year 1990.  I was 15 or 16 and my life was clothes, boys, friends and oh all the embarrassing moments I could handle (nothing has really changed).  I have one bother who is a year older.  I remember this story so clear because Rob, my bother likes to bring it up at most family functions.  You know...to keep that family fun ball rolling.

Imagine....Rob having 6 or 7 of his friends over watching TV, just "hanging out"  I am sure I had crushes on at last half of them at some point.  Our home was a spit-foyer and for some reason I felt it was necessary to quietly go downstairs and see what was going on.  Well, there really wasn't a damn thing quiet about what I did.  For some reason I started down the stairs..decided to jump off the 3rd to the last step.  Can someone PLEASE tell me what I was thinking.  Why and the world would I do that!?!

You guessed it...I smacked my head on the ceiling.  Fell flat on my ass and just sat there for a moment in a daze.  I could feel about 6 heads turn and look right at me.  "Julie, are you alright?"  "What the hell are you doing?"  Just as they spoke I hauled ass right back up those same stairs that did me so wrong just minutes ago.

To top it all of I broke my favorite barrette on impact.  Man..that was not a good day for me.
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. hahaha. oh my gosh how embarrassing. id be embarrassed if i was alone and did that, much less in front of a bunch of older guys... LOVE it. thanks for telling your stupid story ;) so fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still to this day I wonder what my goal was that day. lol

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! Well, I jumped out of a tree house trying to impress my brother's friend. That hurt.

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you got their attention, right? lol too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot more than their attention. I have gotten 20 years of stories. lol

      Delete
  4. I'm sitting here in tears... oh my gosh, I can totally picture it! Best laugh I've had in FOREVER!!! Oh geez... I can barely breathe, I'm laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!! Soo funny! That stinks about the hair bow. :/. Good times huh? :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...