Sunday, February 20, 2011

Why Do Adults Have To Lie?

This really irritates me when adults think they have to lie.  I understand not wanting to share you business with everyone, I do.  Not everything between friends, co- workers and sometime certain family member needs to be shared.  Don't tell me your business.  You have that right!  But please, oh please don't lie to me!  I would rather not know what is going on than you tell me some made up story that makes you look better. 

Here are the questions that come up. 
  1. Why do you feel you need to tell me something I don't even care about and proceed to lie about it.
  2. Do you ever think about your kids?  Kids learn a lot from their parents.
  3. What other "stories" have you told me?
I know everyone in their adult life has told a white lie.  (White lies are minor lies which could be considered to be harmless, or even beneficial, in the long term. White lies are also considered to be used for greater good) I would be lying if I said I hadn't.  The difference is I do not, DO NOT lie to my friends, family on purpose.  It just isn't necessary. 

Honesty is something that is important to me for many reasons.  I try to live an honest life with myself, and the relationships I have.  I teach honesty to my daughter.  Without a honest world what do we have?  A world I don't want to be a part of and it makes it worse when you find out someone you thought you were pretty close to has been telling "stories".  So not cool! 
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with your blog this very day. As I cannot I repeat cannot stand liars. I put them up there with thiefs sad to say. I would rather be told nothing at all then hear some bogus lie you have manufactured up. It just seems it would be easier to tell the truth then something not even remotely close to the truth. It is sad becasue our children to watch and learn.
    Blessing on this awesome Sunday! Wishing we had soem sun here. But have went for my doggie walk even so. Found some peace and wonderful quiet time in Gods beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the worse part. Children are learning from what they see. We as roll models, parents, teachers and adults need to always keep this in mind.

    Here in St. Louis the weather is in the 70's and windy, but no sun. I love this beautiful weather! Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...