Friday, April 13, 2012

Sassy Water - Drinking Your Way To Healthy



As I have mentioned many times, I love Pinterest.  I have tried several yummy recipes and a few awesome crafts.  I am always trying to find a way eat eat and drink a little healthier.  I have found this task is a lot easier and more fun when the food is good.  I have come across diet drinks or healthy food that just doesn't look pretty or even taste good.  What fun is that?  I want something that looks edible, tastes wonderful and is healthy for your skin and body.

While on Pinterest I came across this Pin for Sassy Water.  I had to look into this website further.  When I clicked through I found this sweet , fun blog Carolina Charm.  It sounded pretty interesting.  The post said, "
Looking for a way to perk up those 8 glasses of water that you should be drinking every day? Look no further…I present to you Sassy Water! Not only is it tasty, but sassy water is touted as a way to help you shed some extra pounds around your midsection by eliminating a buildup of contaminants, fat, and excess water weight."  Um, yes, yes and YES!!
I drink a lot of water each day.  Well, I actually try to drink only water, but an occasional soda slips in there.  This was definitely something I wanted and needed to try!  

Sassy Water

You Will Need:
{8 ½} cups water
{1} teaspoon grated ginger
{1} medium cucumber, sliced thin
{1} large lemon, sliced thin
{12} mint leaves
1 large lemon sliced thin.
1 medium cucumber sliced thin.

Add 12 mint leaves and 1 teaspoon grated ginger(I used ground ginger)

Mix everything together and store overnight in the refrigerator.

In the morning strain and drink all 8 1/2 cups throughout the day.  Try and drink only Sassy Water for 4 days.  

Why it works: Cucumber is natural diuretic, and helps the body release stored excess water. Ginger boosts metabolism and helps calm and soothe your GI tract. 
I made Sassy Water last night.  It is 9am and I have already drank one full glass.  It honestly tastes pretty good.  I must tell you that you can taste the cucumber the most.  I love cucumber, but it could be hard to swallow for someone who does not like them.  
I say it is worth trying.  I am excited to see if I feel any different after the 4 days.   Thanks again to Carolina Charm for you fabulous post!!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This really does sound like something I should try. Maybe this summer. I'm too busy right now.

    I am now following you via gfc and linky. If you would like, please check out my blog:
    www.mydevotionalthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds refreshing. I'm not sure about the ginger for me but I can see where you could switch out a lime for the lemon and that would be good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...