Monday, September 17, 2012

BBQ Chicken, Carrots & Potatoes In The Crockpot


Many times when I cook dinner I simply look in the pantry and see what I have.  Then throw the ingredients together, add a few spices and see what happens.  Am I the only one that does this?  Many times my "creations" are thumbs up but there have been times when I score thumbs down.  We wont talk about those moments....

Tonight my score was 2 thumbs up!  Both Grace and my hubby loved my BBQ Chicken, Carrots & Potatoes In The Crockpot.  I will be honest...it was not one of my favorites because BBQ is not my favorite type of food.  I enjoy it sometimes, but not as much as my daughter and husband do.  This meal was for them.  : )

I did not take any pictures or measure any of the ingredients as I made this today.  I truly grabbed, mixed and threw it all together and said a little prayer.

BBQ Chicken, Carrots & Potatoes In The Crockpot
Time:
prep time:  15 minutes
total time:  6 - 10 hours

What You Will Need:
boneless chicken breast
5-6 peeled potatoes (quartered)
5-6 peeled and cut carrots
Worcestershire sauce
Ketchup
Sweet Baby Ray's Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
salt/pepper
celery
paprika
butter
fresh garlic
onion (diced)

Lets' Cook


  1. Mix Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt. pepper, little watter together.  Add chicken breast and be sure to cover on all sides.  
  2. Place chicken in crockpot.  Add butter, celery, paprika and garlic.  Start cooking on low.
  3. Peel potatoes and carrots and cut.  
  4. Add potatoes and carrots to crockpot on top of chicken.  
  5. Add additional spices one potatoes and carrots have been added to taste.  
  6. Cook on low 6-8 hours.  If need to cook in less time.  Cook on low first 3 hours.  then on high last 2-3 hours.  
ENJOY!!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...