Many times when I cook dinner I simply look in the pantry and see what I have. Then throw the ingredients together, add a few spices and see what happens. Am I the only one that does this? Many times my "creations" are thumbs up but there have been times when I score thumbs down. We wont talk about those moments....
Tonight my score was 2 thumbs up! Both Grace and my hubby loved my BBQ Chicken, Carrots & Potatoes In The Crockpot. I will be honest...it was not one of my favorites because BBQ is not my favorite type of food. I enjoy it sometimes, but not as much as my daughter and husband do. This meal was for them. : )
I did not take any pictures or measure any of the ingredients as I made this today. I truly grabbed, mixed and threw it all together and said a little prayer.
BBQ Chicken, Carrots & Potatoes In The Crockpot
prep time: 15 minutes
total time: 6 - 10 hours
What You Will Need:
boneless chicken breast
5-6 peeled potatoes (quartered)
5-6 peeled and cut carrots
Sweet Baby Ray's Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- Mix Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt. pepper, little watter together. Add chicken breast and be sure to cover on all sides.
- Place chicken in crockpot. Add butter, celery, paprika and garlic. Start cooking on low.
- Peel potatoes and carrots and cut.
- Add potatoes and carrots to crockpot on top of chicken.
- Add additional spices one potatoes and carrots have been added to taste.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours. If need to cook in less time. Cook on low first 3 hours. then on high last 2-3 hours.