Sunday, January 23, 2011

Need A Coupon? There's An App For That!

It’s a tougher economy, money is tighter, and you’re looking for ways to save cash. Plus, the use of coupons is becoming more popular and a way of life for many of us.  I know it is for me.  I have heard many say they can't afford an iphone or any smartphone, but while the iPhone may have some big costs, it can more than make up for it in financial savings.  I have shut off my home phone.  Not only to help save that $30 -$40 a month, but it really wasn't necessary with both my husband and I having cell phones.  The money we saved doing that plus bundling our cable, cell and internet with AT&T allowed us to switch to an iphone.  Look into what you are spending in your monthly home, cell, internet and cable with you provider.  See if there is a bundling package and a way for your family to save some money. 


What can the iPhone do to save you cash? There are apps to help you find coupons, to compare prices, and even more. And while there are dozens, if not hundreds, of these applications, a few stand out for their usability and their money-saving features. The apps I have listed below are ones I have used and have on my phone.  If you have any favorites I would love to hear from you. 

GeoQpons




GeoQpons can be downloaded for your iphone, Android or certain Blackberry phones.  Largest Database of relevant mobile coupons.  It is simple and easy to use with a fast search for coupons or stores.  You can set favorites to redeem and view offers from your preferred stores. and share coupons with your friends via email, Facebook or Twitter.   This is the first coupon app I downloaded and I love it!! 

Coupon Shepera


There’s no more need for a coupon book as long as you have an iPhone. Coupon Sherpa is an iPhone app that is exactly as it sounds – a program filled with coupons. Coupon Sherpa is similar to does the dirty work of looking through coupons on the Internet and bringing them to you. You can create a list of favorite stores, email coupons to friends, and coupons can even be scanned by optical scanners.


Coupon Sherpa and GeoQpons are very similar.  I have not tried Coupon Sherpa yet.  I noticed they do have some similar coupons and some different.  Another bonus: Coupon Sherpa is currently free.

Compare Me



I absolutely love this app!  Did you ever have two boxes of cereal and wonder which one was the better deal based on volume? Even worse, what if you’re trying to compare gallons to liters? Well, for $1.99 the application CompareMe helps solve that issue by comparing different items based on their size or volume. Just type in the price, the unit, and the size, and CompareMe will tell you which one is cheaper and the percentage of savings.



Coupons.com


Take advantage of all the benefits of Coupons.com - right from your iPhone or iPod touch! Saving money on your favorite brands has never been easier. Just select the coupons you want and save in the store. Choose from over a hundred manufacturer coupons to save on groceries, household goods, personal care items and more. With the Coupons.com app, you can access printable coupons, Savings Card coupons, and local coupons. Printable coupons can be redeemed at the store just like the ones you find in the Sunday newspaper. Add coupons to your grocery store Savings Card and have your savings automatically applied at checkout. Find coupons for local businesses to save on goods and services while supporting your community. 

I love this app and I wish some of our local stores participated in it.  To sign up for the Savings Card you need to go to Coupons.com.  It is very simple.  I have a wireless printer, but I have not started printing coupons from this app to my printer yet.  I am excited to start because on of our computers just stopped working. 

These are the apps that I use. There are many more great apps out there I wish I could use, but many of them are either not for the stores I shop at or not valid in the St. Louis area. Check out this link and you may find more that are right for you.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...