Thursday, May 5, 2011

9 Soups That Can Make You Fat

Did anyone read the article that was on Yahoo Heath?  I saw it early this morning while I  was working and it caught my eye.  We eat a lot of soup in our house.  Once I began reading I noticed it wasn't just canned soup.  It also included soup from popular restaurants such as Applebee's, PF Chang's, Chili's and Red Lobster.  I was started to get a little disappointed, but as I continued to read, you always had a healthy alternative for the unhealthy soup. 

For instance, at Applebee's, which was #7 as the Worst Potato Soup, you can get their Baked Potato Soup (Bowl)


440 calories, 31 g fat (14 g saturated), 1,270 mg sodium = not so healthy!!
OR
Applebee’s Chicken Noodle Soup (Bowl)

160 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated), 1,120 mg sodium = much healthier!!

I love how you are given the option to pick a different soup at the same restaurant.  We all have those days where we crave soup.  I know I do!  These past few weeks I have had a craving for Chicken Noodle soup.  It hasn't always been my favorite, but it sure taste good on those cooler days.  The only thing I really watch with my soups is the sodium content. 

Out of all 9 of the soups listed the only one that is eaten the most in our family is, luckily #9.  My husbands favorite kind of soup is New England Clam Chowder.  I often buy the Campbell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder.  It is rated as the Worse Supermarket Soup - Yikes!!  The alternative is Campbell’s Healthy Request New England Clam Chowder.  With 1/2 the calories and 1/2 the sodium this is what I will be buying from now on!!

Whether you are watching your weight, your blood pressure, or just your general health, take a second look at what’s in your bowl.  I know I sure am after reading this list.  If there is a heather alternative out there, I will be the first one to try it!!

Check out the entire article HERE and see all 9 of the Soups that Make You Fat. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...