Thursday, September 29, 2011

My NEW Favorite Salsa



How many of you shop at Sam's Club?  I am usually there a couple times a month.  I used to go every weeks for my coupons, but they sell papers anymore. (BOO!)

I believe I have found my new favorite salsa!  That is always exciting !!  It meets all the requirements:


1.  Delicious
2.  Spicy
3.  Good value
4.  low calories
5.  low sodium (important one for me,)
6.  The family likes it


Salsa usually is low in calories, but the sodium isn't as low as I would like it to be in some Salsas.  We usually buy On the Border Salsa from Sam's.  It has a good taste and my husband myself and even my daughter loves salsa so we eat a lot of it.  I want to make sure I am buying what is best for them and still getting a good value.


As you can see if you compare On the Border with the Italian Rose Fresh Salsa (my new favorite), the calories are similar, but there is quite a difference in the sodium.

Plus, to me the taste is different.  They are both good, but the Italian Rose does taste like fresh homemade salsa.

Now to compare the price.  Forgive me, but I don't have exact prices.

Italian Rose - 46 oz.   $6.98
On the Border - 47 oz.   $5.48

The Italian Rose is a little more for basically the same amount, but for the difference in taste and sodium it is certainly  worth it.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love Salsa, I'll have to check to see if we can get this in Canada.

    thanks for joining our blog hop today. I'm here to follow you back.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get it. I love salsa too! I sometimes make my own for parties or just because. Sometimes it is easier to buy it, especially when you find a favorite. lol

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love salsa!! I'll have to look for that one. New follower returning the favor from your follow, Thanks!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm your newest follower and would love it if you could follow me back :)

    http://www.ifonlylifecouldbethatsimple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...