Wednesday, October 5, 2011

If Only Kids Listened all the Time...



Everyday Grace comes home from school and tells me about her day.  It is really the best part of my day.  We go through her book bag, talk and she then starts her homework.  She tells me that they learned that you should do things the first time asked.  Her direct quote was, "Mom, today I learned that you should do things the first time asked."  Right then and there the black cloud was lifted.  There was music playing and I was a happy mom!
 
Isn't it amazing, crazy and interesting how us as mothers, father and caregivers for our children we can tell them something 100 times, but when a teacher simply says the same word it's like the words of wisdom.  If only I could give Mrs. Klosstermann a list.  A list of just a few items that she could slip into her daily learning schedule. That would be awesome!

I do know that in the past few days Grace has been listening better.  I ask her to do something and amazingly  she has done it the first time.  Teacher's truly are wonder and amazing people.  Not only for this, but for what they help teach out children and the roll they play in our children's lives.  Thank you to all the fabulous, amazing teachers that have touched my life, my daughters and are soon to be in her life.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to kids not responding the first time you ask/tell them to do something! I homeschool 3 (now teenagers)... we have a lot of "eye-rolling" 'round here!

    Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower. ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...