Monday, April 23, 2012

Don't We Ever Learn?!?



Yesterday I spent most of my morning cleaning.  Which makes sense.  It's the weekend and Friday I was out most the night and Saturday I was left to recover (don't we ever learn).  I decide to clean the entire kitchen.  I even took that extra time to clean my stove until it shined. 
Then I got the bright idea to make hot spicy wings in the crock-pot.  Everyone agreed they sounded awesome!  So, I did my normal search on Pinterest, which I love by the way.  I found this new great recipe that I never had tried called Spicy Crock-Pot Chicken Wings. Here is the recipe below: (it's pretty awesome!)

Spicy Crock-Pot Chicken Wings

2 lbs chicken wings
11/2 cups barbecue sauce (bottled)
1/4 cup honey
2 tsps prepared mustard (regular or spicy)
2 tsps worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce (I added a lot more)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
 
 
1Spread wings in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
2Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3Mix sauce ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
4Broil wings, 4 inches away from heat, until nicely browned (about 10 minutes).
5Turn wings, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and broil until browned as above.
6Place browned wings in a crock-pot.
7Pour sauce over wings.
8Cook 2 1/2 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
9Serve with french fries or, if you prefer, rice.  

With my shiny clean kitchen I start to broil the chicken.  No big deal, right?  Except that the chicken drips all over my oven.  Oh, nasty!  Then As I am transferring the chicken from the oven to the crock-pot more drips on my counter, really??  So, then everything is cooking nicely in the crock-pot and I manage to clean everything up.  Then I noticed the bottom of my stove is leaking water.  What the heck!  This freaks me out because I think it is more juices from the chicken.  Step back everyone, I am going in a full-out cleaning stage.  After that major obstacle is overcome for some stupid and ridiculous reason I decide to make homemade curly fries with my 20 year old Tater Twister.  Okay, sounds about right.
As I heat up the oil (on my ultra-super clean stove) Grace and I prepare the potatoes.  Super fun for a bit until my Tater Twister stops working, Grace says she is so done slicing potatoes and my utra-super clean stove is now a oily-splattered mess. 
At this point I just said, "Dammit!"  We all sat down and ate our super delicious wings and awesome and non-healthy homemade french fries and I actually worried about the mess later. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...