Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Delicious Cocktail On A Hot Summer Day



As I did a little grocery shopping this week I noticed peaches were a great deal.  I picked up several for the family.  Once I got one the family wasn't as excited about peaches as they normally are.  Having extra fruit on hand I decided to try a New & Fruity drink I had seen on Everyday Food With Martha Stewart.  Have you every checked out this website?  I recently started subscribing to the book and I just love it!  The website is just perfect for any idea you would need.  From craft, recipes, home & garden, pets, weddings to everything you could imagine.

So, with my extra peaches I decide to make Peach Margaritas With Peach Wedges...YUM!!  Won't you join me for one?

Peach Margaritas With Peach Wedges

Ingredients

  • 1 pound (about 3) ripe peaches, bottoms scored, plus 2 more peaches, for garnish
  • 3 tablespoons (2 1/2 ounces) orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 3/4 cup (6 ounces) silver tequila
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 cups bottled peach nectar
  • 8 mint sprigs, for garnish

Directions

  1. Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add 1 pound peaches, and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Remove peaches from water.
  2. Peel and halve peaches, and remove pits. Slice peaches into wedges, and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with orange liqueur, sugar, and salt. Cover, and set in a warm spot until peaches give off juice, about 20 minutes.
  3. Puree peach mixture in a blender or a food processor until completely smooth. Immediately stir in tequila and lemon juice. (Peach puree with tequila can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 4 hours.) Transfer to a pitcher, and stir in peach nectar.
  4. Fill each of 8 tall glasses with ice, and garnish each with a mint sprig. Cut the remaining 2 peaches into 8 thick wedges, cut a small slit into inside curve of each wedge, and place one wedge on rim of each glass. Divide margarita among glasses.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I needed one of these today. This looks delicious. Found you on Thursday Connect. Love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yum!!!! I am so glad that we found you on the Thursday Blog Hop. What a wonderful site!!! Here's hoping you stop by and follow us back!

    http://longingforaprons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...