Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I HATE Leaving On Bad Moments...



My Sweet Grace the 1st day of school.  


Today was one of those days I wish we could hit "rewind".  My sweet Grace had a hard time waking up (as she often does). It was one of these, "Grace time to get up." being said about 10 times.  Then the knocking, bed bouncing and finally the light being turned on days.   So not cool.
Then it was time for Grace to shower.  For some reason I have allowed Grace to start showering in our bathroom.  Oh, I remember why.  Grace likes our shower better because you can see yourself in the mirror and this was helping her while she was struggling with getting her hair washed good.  I had hoped this would help with her washing her hair, but 3 months later it is really getting old.  At this point I feel the mirror has nothing to do with it.  Grace is simply rushing and not taking her time She honesty does an awesome job with washing her hair, it's jut when she is grumpy she rushes and doesn't care.  
This morning that mirror totally failed me.  I walk in and see Grace wrapped in a towel with her hair partially washed.  The complete top of her hair had not even been washed...not even touched!  UGH!  Back in the shower she goes (of course grumping all the way).  Finally Grace is ready and there is not time for me to shower.  It is 8:15 and we are already running later.  I announced to the entire house Grace will no longer be using mommy and daddy's shower.  It felt good and it was done.
I did feel bad about the rough morning Grace and I had.  I hate having icky morning with her.  I gave hugs and kisses (well in my mind) she IS with her friends.  I simply waved, said good-by and told her I loved her.  That is still allowed.  As soon as I got back inside I said a little prayer for Grace.  I prayed she would have a happier day and find her happy heart.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Bet she has an awesome day. That's the thing with kids, we can let a bad start ruin our whole day, but they don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I love her dress! Just a suggestion (no idea what your schedule is like), but maybe Grace could shower in the evening? That's what I do with my daughter and it makes life a million times easier! :) Either way I hope it ended up being a good day for both of you!

    Lisa
    P.S. Thanks for stopping by and linking up to the GtKY blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope each of you ended up having a good day!

    Lisa
    P.S. Thanks for stopping by and linking up to the GtKY blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...