Monday, August 27, 2012

Pork Steak Marinated With Mojo Criollo AND Spicy Grilled Corn On The Cob


Tonight for dinner we had Pork Steak marinated in Goya Mojo Criollo, Spicy Grilled Corn On the Cob and Cantaloupe.  The Mojo Marinade is a MUST try.  We have cooked with it twice and it has become a new family favorite.  Chicken the 1st time and now beef.
The Spicy Corn on the Cob was something I just threw together. I was trying to think of a good way to add a little something to our corn without getting butter and spices all over the grill.  Why not roll up in tinfoil?  Plus this helped the corn cook better and they were nice and hot throughout dinner.  Enjoy!!

Pork Steak Marinated With Goya Mojo Criollo



Ingredients:

1 bottle of Mojo Criollo
5 large pork steaks
pepper
onion powder
fresh garlic


Cover the bottom of a 10 X 13 baking pan with some the Mojo Criolle.  Sprinkle pepper, onion pepper and minced garlic.  2 or 3 pieces of meat in pan (however many fit) and then repeat the process and add the rest of meat and ingredients.


 We were using the end of the bottle.  I would say I used a total of 1/2 to 1 cup of marinade.  It depends on how much meat you are cooking.




Let the meat marinate in the refrigerator for anywhere to 2 hours to 24 hours.  The longer you marinade the more flavor the meat will have.  Cook on the grill and Enjoy!!

Spicy Grilled Corn On The Cob



Ingredients:

corn on the cob
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup melted butter
tinfoil


Shuck and clean your corn.  Sometimes I like to break mine and half for smaller easier pieces to eat for my little ones.


Place corn on a piece of tinfoil.  First cover the corn with the melted butter on all sides (this is what gives the corn the amazing taste).  Then sprinkle spices on the corn and wrap twisting at the ends.



After all the corn is wrapped it is ready to be cooked.  Place on the grill and cook for 20 minutes.  Be sure to flip every 3 - 5 minutes.  Keep the corm wrapped into ready to eat.  This will help lock in the heat.
I will be cooking my corn on the cob like this from now on.  The taste was amazing with first coating the corn with the melted butter.  My corn was hot and simply delicious!  A must try!!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I will definitely have to try this out!

    Thanks for following me.

    Kerrie
    http://familyfoodtravel.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back from the hop :)

    Enjoy the muffins! If you're not Gluten free, I have a generic muffin recipe that you might like, just mail me and I'll see that it gets to you.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...