Monday, September 3, 2012

How Was Your Labor Day???


For us this Labor Day weekend turned out to be a pretty good one despite all the rain St. Louis received.  Friday we decided to take it easy and relax as a family at home.  I always enjoy those night together.  We caught up on a few of our recorded shows and just spent time together.

Saturday rolled around and Doug and Grace decided to take both our Jeeps in for their oil changes.  Sounds great to me!  Checks two things off my list.  I caught up on some work, Doug and Grace spent their day at Lowe's as the rain continued to come down even harder.  




Grace and daddy finally picked out the new color for her bathroom.  A beautiful teal.  Grace is so excited!!  She has had a yellow bathroom with Dora pictures since we have moved in, which has been 6 years ago.  She tells me she is too old for Dora and ready for a change.  I agree!




Sunday rolls around and the rain clouds are still hanging over St. Louis with that muggy sticky feeling.  The feeling like you do not even want to be outside.  We started the morning by Doug and Grace grabbing some doughnuts for breakfast.  This is so unlike us, but it was a nice change.  I do not think we have had doughnuts for breakfast for several years.  Just not something we do.  Later that day we had plans with our family for pizza and games.  Yes!  We were excited, especially Grace.

Labor was a good day.  We had plans to go to the Winery with some friends, but we decided not to go.  Instead Doug and I took Grace to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days.  Loved it!  We have now seen all the movies in the theatre together and have such a fun time!!  They are such good movies and this one did not disappoint.


Next it was onto Lowe's to search for new wooden blinds.  We were so excited when we found the exact size and color of blinds we needed on clearance!  Yes!  I love it when that happens!!  We bought 2 boxes.  One for the spare bedroom and the other for our laundry room.  It is always worth looking through the clearance section.

Got them home and my handy hubby already installed both of them.  We now have 4 new blinds up and....who knows how many to go.



The rest of our evening I had the honor of being shown some awesome magic tricks as well as being asked the question....How many marbles can an 8 year old stuff in her shirt and pants?  Yeah, that was the highlight of my evening for sure!!



So....how was your Labor Day weekend???


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Ours was about the same, minus the rain. Now following and look forward to read a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...