Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simple Math For A 7-Year-Old


Today as Grace and I are waiting for the bus she says, mom I know what 40 + 50 is.  I asked her what it was and she tells me 90.  Correct!!  She then says, "Mom, I also know what 60 + 20 is."  She proceeds to tell me the answer.  I then tell her how smart she is.  She says all you have to do is add 4 + 5 which is 9 and then add a zero.  I thought this was pretty cool for her to figure out.  We then continued with several more addition problems.  I enjoyed math as a child and I am happy and proud to see Grace enjoying it as I did.  Needless to say  am so proud of that girl!! 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...