Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats Recipe
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows - OR -
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1/2 cup M&M's® Easter colored chocolate candies
Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
12 plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
1. Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of Rice Krispies® mixture into both halves of each plastic egg. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day. Serving size is 1 egg.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 6 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
I have not made these yet with Grace. I plan on making them for Easter. I plan on posting my results when we make them. I would love to hear from you if you make them. Have fun baking and a Happy Easter!!