Monday, April 25, 2011

Hope Your Easter Was A 10 On The Fun Factor!

Easter this year can be described in many words.  Awesome, crazy, inspiring and cheerful.  It started on Friday with my mom, Grace and I baking a few things for Easter Sunday.  We had a lot of fun!  Growing up my mom always cooked wonderful meals.  Always had dinner on the table and the food she made was good.  I took a lot from her cooking.  Baking, not as much.  I recall my moms cookies being a bit hard and crunchy and the pies were always left up to my grandmother.  I would say I followed in my mother's footsteps as far as baking goes. 

We tried to make the Rice Krispie Easter Surprise Eggs I talked about earlier.  They were actually pretty easy, but I messed up the amounts and put way to many marshmallows in.  So then we added more Rice Krispies and well, it was just not working out.  We did get a few made, but they ended up being super hard.  The important part was the fun factor and I rate it a 10! 

P.S  I will try it again next year, but perhaps watch my measurements closer.  lol


 Grace washing the plastics eggs.  The recipe says to use 12 plastic eggs.  You really only need one egg per person .  So now all our plastic eggs are shiny and clean.  : ) 
Did you happen to notice how dark it was outside?  This was taken at 11am.  We were getting some terrible storms at this point. 

 Grandma and Grace working on some measurements.  lol

 Grace stirring the insane amount of marshmallows.  She does an awesome job as my assistant! 

 Mom and I attempting to form the eggs.  Fun factor was still at a 10 here!

"The Eggs"  Some were eaten and some were so hard they could have been used as weapons. 

Click HERE for the recipe if you want to try this for your Easter or just for fun! 

Our next dessert had much better results.  As I had mentioned, my mom and I are not great at the pies and cookies, but simple deserts and cakes we can do!  We made Banana Split Dessert.  Oh my!  This is just a wonderful, wonderful dessert.  It is just to yummy to mess up.  I think we were having too much fun because I didn't get to many pictures making it.  I guess we were too excited to make it. 

Here is the recipe:

2 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 stick butter (melted)
1/4 cup sugar
1 brick cream cheese soften (leave out all morning for better spading)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 can crushed pineapple (drained completely)
3 bananas sliced
2~ 4 servings instant pudding (banana or vanilla)
1 1/2 tub cool whip

Crush graham crackers.  Mix together with sugar and and melted butter in bowl.  Press into a 9 x 13 pan.  Freeze for 10 - 20 minutes in the freezer. 
Mix cream cheese and powder sugar together until creamy.  Spread over graham cracker layer.  Then drain pineapple and spread the pineapple over evenly.  Next cover with sliced bananas. 
Mix pudding with 2 cups milk until thick.  Next add 1 cup cool whip to pudding and mix well.  Then add on top of banana layer.  Cover and refrigerate until set (10 - 15 minutes).  Top with remaining cool whip before serving.  Drizzle with chocolate and top with cherries are optional. 


This was before I added the chocolate.  I didn't have any cherries to add this time.  YUM!!

Sunday we had a lot of fun!  We witnessed an amazing Easter service.  My father was not feeling well so he was not able to come.  We missed him being there, but know he wanted to join us.  After church we were onto to good food, egg searching and fun times with family!  My daughter Grace always has so much fun with her cousins!  It brings such a smile to my face and heart seeing them laugh, play and talk about anything and everything. 

I hope you and your family had a great Easter!  Happy Easter! 


 This was taken right before they were getting reading to hunt for eggs. 

Such a sweet bunch!!!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...