Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ba-Nutty Buddy Shake - This Shake Is For Sharing


My daughter has a subscription to Highlights Magazine.  Do your kids ever read Hightlights?  It is such an awesome magazine.  I am sure you have picked one up while in the doctors office or the dentist.  The subscription can be a little pricey, but the stories, games and adventures inside are great for the child's mind.

In the October 2011 issue there is a wonder recipe I would like to share with you in the hopes you share it with your family.  My daughter and I had a fun time making these Ba-Nutty Buddy Shakes together and I hope you can find joy in making them too.

Ba-Nutty Buddy Shake
  1. Peel 1 ripe banana, break it into chunks and drop it into the blender.
  2. Add 1 cup of iced cream or frozen yogurt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 cup milk.
  3. Blend the mixture until it's smooth.
  4. Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.  Blend the mixture again.  Pour into cups.  Makes two 1-cup servings.
I did not have any vanilla extract, but I thought it tasted good without it.  It still had a very good flavor to it.  I love cooking and baking with my daughter.  It helps her with reading when reading the recipe.  She learns measurements, math and it helps her concentrate while following the directions of the recipe.  Cooking with your children is a fun way to spend time together and have them learn at the same time!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the follow! Following back! This shake sounds really good! Just might have to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...