Monday, November 28, 2011

What Do You Do With Your Holiday Leftovers?



I came across this great new recipe while trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight.  I do not plan, make menus or go by schedules when it comes to preparing food.  Perhaps I should because then I wouldn't be starring into the pantry while both my husband and I ask, "What's for dinner?"

Do you ever look at the recipes on the back of boxes or the side on soup cans?  I have found some great ones in the past.  Perhaps if I had written them down I could share more with you.  *sigh

I found one tonight on the back of Stove Top Stuffing box.   They actually had 3 different listed.  As we finished eating I knew this was one I wanted to keep.  Well, just moments ago I went to retrieve the box and I remembered I had thrown it away.  Then I also recalled my wonderfully helping husband already took the trash out to the garage cans.  Yes sir, guess I should have written that one down.  We can go from memory.  It really was pretty simple.

Cheesy Chicken Bake ( that actually was the name)
1 pkg. Stove Top Stuffing (Chicken) (or your homemade stuffing)
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
1 package frozen broccoli florets
1 - 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Prepare the stuffing as directed on the box.  (for leftovers use homemade stuffing and set aside).  Cook chicken and set broccoli out to thaw.  In a 9 X 13 pan mix broccoli, chicken and then stir in the soup, cheese and milk.  Then add stuffing on top.  Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

I served mine with mashed potatoes and rolls.  This would also work great with the leftover potatoes and rolls from Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners.  I did find the recipe HERE if you want to check it out and other great ones from Stove Top.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by & taking a moment to read my blog. I love each and every comment and I appreciate ALL my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...