Would you like to apply your eye shadow perfectly every time? Here are 12 tips for beautiful eyes all the time.
It is just as critical for your makeup to be polished and look beautiful as it is for your clothing choices to stunning. We’ve all seen women who were very uninformed as to the proper application of eye shadow. On the other hand, we’ve also seen women who know how to correctly apply their eye shadow and they look put together and beautiful. You want to be one of those women don’t you? Of course you do, so today I am going to give you some great tips to make that possible.
In reality, putting eye shadow on correctly isn’t all that difficult. It is simply a matter of finding the appropriate technique and look for you and your unique style. Here are some tips you can begin using today.
- Apply a base coat on your eyes just as you do on the rest of your face. You can either use loose powder or you can apply foundation to the eye area. This gives you a nice even palette to work with.
- Blend, blend, blend and then blend again! Just to prove my point, try this. Blend one eye and on the other eye just use a brush and apply. You will know immediately what I’m referring to, and you’ll never forget to blend again.
- For dramatic eyes, take your eye shadow brush, dip it into water, and then into the shadow, prior to application. Doing this will give you a much deeper, more dramatic color.
- If you have blue eyes, shades of purple, violet, taupe, gray, deep blue, and black work best. If you are looking for some pizazz include fuchsia, turquoise, and silver.
5. If you have green eyes, shades of purple, plum, forest green, brown, and khaki are best. Spice up your look with light green, gold, and bright purple.
6. If you have brown eyes, wear champagne, copper, brown, apricot, khaki, and beige. Spice it up with royal blue, tangerine, hand hot pink.
7. Navy, powder blue, and charcoal are appropriate for everyone, and silver can also be used for fun.
8. Applying a lighter shadow in the inner corner of the eye, will cause the eye to reflect and give your eyes a more youthful appearance.
9. To give your eyes a larger appearance, use a light color on the inner corner, and a darker shade in the middle of the eye area.
10. Practice these tips until you get the application of your eye shadow perfected. This will cause your make up to look more natural and polished.
11. Apply dark shadow only to the eyelids from the lash line to the crease in the eyelid. Medium shadow should be applied from just below the eyelid crease to the brow bone.
12. Highlight along the brow bone. This way will cause your features stand out naturally and beautifully.
These top tips give you the know how to apply your eye shadow properly, so that you always looking your radiant best.
When practicing all these steps, take note of what works best for you. You may even want to practice with a friend if you find it reassuring to get someone else’s opinion plus it can always make it more fun!